The Swedish Security Service, Säpo, fear that at least 300 men traveling from Sweden have joined the terrorist organization ISIS in Syria.
At least 40 have returned and are now under heavy surveillance.
- There are individuals in Sweden who has both the intent and the ability to carry out terrorist attacks in Sweden, says Säpo chief Anders Thornberg.
The Security Service is now updating the numbers on how many "Swedes" who are believed to have traveled to Syria and Iraq to join the IS, and estimates it to be around 250 to 300 men. (In reality they are clueless).
- It is an explosive development, Thornberg says to Swedish television's "Agenda".
When Aftonbladet met him after the show, he says that at least 40 of those have returned to Sweden.
- But it could be twice as many. Maybe they've got the ability to handle weapons and explosives, he said.
He stresses that all (terrorist) returnees should not be seen as terrorists.
- It is enough that one or two are willing to commit a terrorist attack, either in Sweden or using Sweden as a base for committing attacks against another countries.
Säpo also see that more women in Sweden joins the terrorist organization. According to Thornberg, about 15 to 20 women have traveled to Syria or Iraq.
Since October 2010, there has been a heightened terrorist threat in Sweden.
- During the last two or three years we have prevented two terrorist attacks in Sweden. I can not tell you any details about it because then I can reveal how we work.
Earlier Säpo revealed that the attacks were in "an advanced stage".
- We must prevent these crimes before they occur, the consequences are so terrible. We must stop it before it happens, says Anders Thornberg.
According to Thornberg, more people in the community need to take responsibility for intercepting potential threats.
Mona Sahlin, national coordinator against violent extremism, wants to introduce a kind of "emergency phone" for parents whose children have been radicalized.
- There must be a place where everyone knows they can turn to, and then get the best possible help, she says to SVT's "Agenda".
In Malmø, Sweden's third largest city, numerous bombs has gone off already. Shootouts in Sweden occur on a regular basis.
What the Swedes fail to realize is the simple fact that they are importing potential terrorists by the thousands and thus it's just a matter of time before the Swedes have to either flee, convert, pay, or face the unthinkable. The signs are just too visible already.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
50ft giant crab caught on camera in British harbour
Debate is raging online as to whether pic shows super-sized snapper of the Kent coast could be the biggest ever to grace UK shores.