NORWAY: Taxi is the fastest way to Gardermoen Int Airport and the plane to Uganda, according to BI Professor Øystein Norgeng, in Oslo.
Øystein Norgeng had to catch a flight to Uganda. Therefore he told the taxi driver from Oslo Taxi that he had to get to Gardermoen as soon as possible.
But on the way something unexpected happened.
- I was absolutely speechless. It was like in a movie. The Taxi driver suddenly stopped the car at Jessheim, and from the trunk he pulled out a prayer mat and puts on his prayer cap. He rolls out the prayer mat in front of the car and begins to pray. In several degrees below freezing, says Øystein Norgeng to VG.
He says that then the clock was 6:58, and that the whole stop took ten minutes. The taxi was ordered 6:24, at 7:11 he arrived at Gardermoen.
- It is slightly longer than the norm we operate with, says communications manager Lars Dolva, from Oslo Taxi. Dolva regrets the incident which he describes as unbelievable and unfortunate for Oslo Taxi - and Norgeng.
- The driver said that it would only take a few minutes and before I could react, he was out of the car, says the professor.
- I did my duty as a Muslim to Allah, and I will continue to do my duty to Allah, says the driver to VG.
At Gardermoen, Norgeng chosed to pay, and then ran into the airport. There he was told that the check in was closed two minutes ago.
The Professor in oil policy travels a lot. That Thursday he was going to London and on to Uganda. There he would meet with the ambassador - and later hold a press conference.
- Luckily I had a business class ticket. I got on a later flight but had to transfer via Istanbul. I was suppose to have landed 23.00 at night, but arrived at 05:00 in the morning, and I would meet with the ambassador already quarter past eight. I did not get not much sleep, so to speak, says Øystein Norgeng.
Norgeng sent a letter to Oslo Taxi and complained, and Oslo Taxi later sacked the driver.
Note: The article picture is for illustrative purpose only and does not depicts persons in the story.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Zlatan Ibrahimovic: - France is a shit country
Zlatan Ibrahimovic on live TV to millions of French TV viewers.