At least twelve people have been injured in a stabbing attack on the No. 40 Dan bus in Tel Aviv. Four victims are in the hospital in serious condition, according to reports. The suspected attacker, a 23-year-old Palestinian man from Tulkarem, was shot and is in custody, The Times of Israel reports.
The 19-year-old man was shot in the foot and hospitalized, but the report gave no indication of his condition.
Police are set to request an extension of remand of the suspect in Wednesday’s stabbing in Tel Aviv at 4 p.m.
Hamza Matrouk, 23, of the West Bank settlement of Tulkarem, won’t be present at the hearing at the Tel Aviv Magistrate’s Court. He was shot and injured attempting to flee the scene of the attack.
Police seek an extension of Matrouk’s detention by 15 days, the Walla news site reports.
Eight victims of this morning’s terrorist attack in Tel Aviv remain hospitalized as of this time, the Walla news site reports. Three are in serious condition, four are in moderate condition and two have minor injuries.
Defense Minister Moshe Ya’alon responds to the Tel Aviv terrorist attack earlier in the day saying the stabber was “grown in the ground of incitement against the State of Israel.”
“We won’t let anyone disrupt the lives of our citizens, we will pursue anyone who plans and carries out terrorist attacks at any time and any place, and we’ll act to thwart every attempt at terrorism. We won’t compromise on the security of Israeli civilians,” Ya’alon says.
A video uploaded to the internet appears to show part of this morning’s stabbing attack in Tel Aviv.
A number of people are seen fleeing down the street when, from the left side of the screen, the attacker can be discerned racing after a woman in a blue jacket, whom he stabs in the back before running off down the street.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Hillary Clinton blames Trump for bombings
VIDEO: Hillary Clinton said at a press conference that Donald Trump is "being used as a recruitment sergeant for the terrorists," and basically blamed his rhetoric and comments about Muslims for the bombings.