The Swedish provocative artist Dan Park, convicted for racism, on New Year's Day was assaulted in Nørrebro in Copenhagen.
On his Facebook profile, he has also published a picture of his injuries.
- The new year began just swell, I was attacked by six masked "anti-fascists" on Jagtvej, Nørrebro, Copenhagen. Everyone in Denmark is clearly not crazy about my art, he writes.
Tv2.dk has been in contact with Dan Park, who confirms the incident.
He says it happened about 10 am, after he had been at the old Youth Centre in Jagtvej. After they had gone from there and to a 7-eleven.
- I stood in front of the 7-eleven, while my girlfriend was inside to buy cigarettes. Suddenly I was attacked, with several kicks and shouts before they ran away.
- I never saw them, but my girlfriend told me that there were six masked men, Dan Park says to tv2.
He base his argument on Facebook that they were "anti-fascists" because they allegedly shouted 'fucking Nazi' to him.
- I think it's because of my art. For I have been a lot in the media, Dan Park, says.
He said he has been to the emergency room and had his injuries attended to, and that the case has been reported to the police, as the Copenhagen Police confirms to tv2.
Dan Park informs tv2 that he is now back in Sweden, where he recovers from the attack.
- And to make some new art I can exhibit in Copenhagen.
Dan Park exhibited in October last year a number of controversial works in a basement in Copenhagen. The exhibition was organized by the Free Press Society.
Originally, the copies of Dan Parks pictures have been exhibited at the gallery Hornsleth & Friends, but death threats and vandalism got the owner, Kristian von Hornsleth, to withdraw the offer of facilities for the exhibition.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Yezidi man stoned to death in Iraqi Kurdistan
A Yezidi organization said in a statement on Tuesday that the Yezidi citizen Musa Temmo was stoned and then shot in the Iraqi Kurdistan last Sunday.