SWEDEN: Attacks on paramedics and ambulances in the immigrant-dominated areas are so numerous and severe that paramedics now require the same equipment as the Red Cross personnel use in war.
We recently wrote about Criminal gangs now control 55 areas in Sweden, pointed out by the national police, where the government has lost control. It is in these areas that not only the police is attacked, but also paramedics. They now believe that they need helmets, bulletproof vests and gas masks in order to perform their job. They are met with everything from guns to machetes, it says. "We are not protected anymore as we have been," the head of Ambulansförbundet, Henrik Johansson, says to Dagens Medicin.
He explains that the Union wants that the alarm center and ambulances should have access to the information police have on people who are likely to be violent or have weapons. But the union also wants to introduce what Henrik Johansson calls tactical units.
- Emergency Medics that are ready to go into hot spot areas. With riot helmets, bulletproof vests, shin guards and holster packs. They should have equipment adapted to work in such an environment. And of course also a gas mask, he says.
So they will more or less look like the riot police?
- No, like the military I would rather say.
According to Henrik Johansson, ambulances today can not always wait for the police to come and secure the scene, resulting in that people do not get treatment in time. He is also clear that they have to think about and start sizing their readiness based on the threat that can actually meet them.
- It's bold and it's very controversial but it works where you have tactical units.
If they are alerted after the motto better safe than sorry, will it not lead to that even patients who are harmless also have to wait for treatment?
- Of course, but what we see today is far far worse, Henrik Johansson says, and explains that today there are situations where ambulance staff are held accountable for the priority of their own safety before care to patients.
The Ambulance Union can not say how many tactical units are required but suggest two units in Stockholm. The union also points out that even today there are specialized units within the ambulance units who are good at climbing up on poles or work in tunnels. The union wants the issue of tactical units discussed and Henrik Johansson believes that a minimum requirement is that all ambulances are equipped with riot helmets and body armor. Today's situation must have consequences.
- For those people who have been shot at or attacked with a knife, this is reality. They quit.
More: Approximately 100,000 asylum seekers are expected to Sweden in 2015
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Acoustic Levitation and the Tractor Beam, the Impossible just became Incredible…
Levitation and the defiance of gravities surly bond has been a science that struggled to keep up with its own mythology, until now.