Harold "Hal" Lewis has been a member of the American Physical Society (APS) for 67 years, but in an open letter the professor leaves the organization for US physicists because of "the fraud of global warming" that has "corrupted the organization," reports Dagbladet.
- Global warming is the biggest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist, said an open letter from the retired professor to the head of APS.
- "Undeniable" evidence
APS is a very powerful organization when it comes to advising governments and the international climate panel. Three years ago they made a statement about man-made climate change that troubled climate skeptics, who believe that human emissions of greenhouse gases have no major influence on the climate.
- Man-made emissions of greenhouse gases change the atmosphere which in turn affects climate on Earth. The evidence for this is undeniable: Global warming is happening. If you do not limit emissions, it will cause severe changes in the Earth's physical and ecological systems, the statement from APS said.
The phrase "The evidence for this is undeniable" got Lewis to react.
- The cruel tendentious statement on Climate Change was apparently written by a few people, in a hurry over lunch, and is certainly not representative of the talents of APS's members as I know them, Lewis writes.
- Not Science
The letter has six reasons for leaving APS, here is a brief summary:
1. A group of researchers in the APS sent an email to some members, where they wanted debate on climate change. This led to the management of APS investigated where they got the email addresses.
- In its better days APS urged debate on important issues, and it has also been the organization's main purpose. Not anymore. Everything that has been done over the past year has been to silence debate, Lewis writes.
2. The statement on climate change from 2007 as mentioned above, was not rooted in the organization, according to Lewis. Especially the word "undeniable" the basis for knowing that anthropogenic emissions changing the climate. Lewis also react to that the statement contains advice to governments around the world, as if the "APS is masters of the universe."
- They are not, and I am embarrassed that our leaders think they are so. This is not fun and games, but a very serious issue where the reputation of the entire scientific community is at stake.
3. - Climategate, when the lies of the climate alarmists were revealed to the world, it had no effect on APS's views on climate change. No impact whatsoever. It is not science, but other forces that are at work. It was a fraud of such a dimension I've never seen. I lack words to describe how big the scandal is.
The last three points is based on how climate skeptics have been thwarted in the organization.
- Need Money
The reason why it's gone so bad with the science association, is according to Lewis, money that is in research.
- Thousands of billions of dollars is pumped into climate research - literally. President Eisenhower warned about it 50 years ago. If the global warming-bubble burst, you lose millions of dollars. If one reads the Climate Gate emails, one sees that this is not an academic discussion, but it's about money and it is corrupt.
- I do not want to have anything more to do with this, so please accept my resignation. APS do not represent me anymore, but I hope we can still be friends, Lewis letter says, signed with his nickname "Hal".
Harold Lewis worked as a professor of physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He has been a director of a number of committees and research groups in nuclear energy and safety.
The globalist psychopaths vs Speisa
Your kind donations help keep Speisa up and running. For those of you who can, we ask that you make a monetary contribution. Thank you!
Why would I donate?
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Erdogan with Nazi accusations against Merkel personally
"Has Mr. Erdogan lost his mind?" - The Germans are shocked over Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's personal attack on Angela Merkel.