- Figures from statistics in Norway, show that the Norwegians will be a minority in Norway by 2050, according to the government party FrP (The Progress Party).
- We are in the process of replacing the population, FrP's Per-Willy Amundsen, says.
- As we know, today's majority population, ethnic Norwegians, are not growing at the same rate as the immigrant population, and it will lead to dramatic changes in the population. I would go so far as to say that we are about to replace the population, Amundsen, says.
According to Statistics Norway's (SSB) own figures, based on the population growth, the population in Norway is going to be around 9 million people by 2060.
- In all other respects we are committed to sustainable development. This principle is disregarded when it comes to immigration. Norway will be fundamentally changed if this becomes a reality. I call for ideas from the political majority to what kind of country they want to leave to our children and grandchildren, Per-Willy Amundsen says.
He believes it is worrying that population projections from Statistics Norway does not emphasize the radical change in the composition of the population in Norway. Amundsen think it seems to be an established fact that when SSB says that immigration will flatten out, then it becomes so. He points out that every population projection SSB has done since 1999 has been wrong.
- When I ask if ethnic Norwegians will become a minority in their own country based on Statistics Norway's figures, SSB answers that it is difficult to define what a ethnic Norwegian is, and whether it's interesting. This tells me that the country's top statistics body is so politicized that one must issue warnings.
- I think it highly interesting to talk about Norwegians and what consequences there are for our society when the rate of immigration is so high, and that actual observations do not lead to more debate, Amundsen says.
SSB points out that they have no opinion of how large immigration should be.
- Statistics Norway is politically independent, and we have no opinion of how big immigration should be. SSB conducts no concealment of the development, and we take every new available knowledge in use. Based on thorough scientific assessments, we do our best to make transparent and good projections of the population 50 years into the future, research director Torbjørn Hægeland from Statistics Norway (SSB), says.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
What does the black-and-white ISIS flag mean?
It's become a symbol that's hard to ignore. The black flag with white Arabic writing flown by ISIS, the militant terrorist group in Iraq and Syria that calls itself the Islamic State or ISIS. But what does it mean.