Several EU countries are buying oil from the terror organization IS. That was the startling announcement the EU ambassador to Iraq told the European Parliament recently.
- What has happened this summer is that we have a new state with an area of 110,000 km ², with 12-15 million inhabitants, producing 120.000 to 150.000 barrels of oil daily, which it can trade, it has vast resources in the form of grain, water, and has its own economy. The state calls itself the Islamic State.
It's what the EU Ambassador to Iraq, Jana Hybášková, said in a report to the Foreign Affairs Committee in the European Parliament last month.
She added that the key issue for IS is oil. Other sources have long established that oil resources IS grabbed in what was Iraq, made IS the world's richest terrorist movement.
- All that we can do, and what you can do as parliamentarians is to come up with legal measures to punish those involved in the illicit trade of oil from IS. It is of utmost importance. Be kind and encourage your parliamentary colleagues in the Iraqi, Turkish, Kurdish, Iranian - from any parliaments, to stop this trade, the EU ambassador urged.
- And unfortunately, we have EU Member States who buy this oil. The price is only 12 dollars a barrel, said Ambassador Jana Hybášková to EU parliamentarians.
- The oil price in the normal market is about $ 100 a barrel, she said.
The Spanish EU lawmaker Javier Nart pointed out that the oil must be transported by large trucks, thousands of them, and it must be refined.
Hybášková stated that IS operates with convoys consisting of up to 5,000 trucks in one place, and that there are five such places.
- How can it be that the Turkish regime do nothing, just turn a blind eye to this illegal trade, actually collaborate? What can be done to put a stop to this? he asked after the ambassador's statement.
Alyn Smith from the Scottish National Party SNP praised Jana Hybášková for being a clear voice "in a world full of blabla".
- Which countries are buying IS-Oil? Smith would like to know.
- I can't share that information with you. It's not public, the EU ambassador replied.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Malcolm Glazer, owner of Buccaneers and Manchester United, dies
He is the fourth NFL owner to pass away in a little more than seven months.