Norway's new Justice Minister Sylvi Listhaug is waging war against pedophiles, both domestically and abroad.
In a series of reports, Norwegian TV2 has told about Norwegian tourists who travel to poor countries to sexually exploit children.
Many of those traveling have previously been convicted and subjected to long prison sentences for sexual assault against children in Norway.
Now Norway's new Justice Minister Sylvi Listhaug is announcing more legislative changes to stop them.
She is merciless in her characteristic of this type of offenders.
- It is absolutely terrible to think that these monsters are allowed to leave our country and travel to places where poor families and poor children are exploited in the worst way. I'm ashamed that we have citizens here in Norway who do so, she says.
- We must do whatever we can to stop them, she says.
- We will propose a legislative amendment that will strip these people of their passport when they are sentenced for this type of abuse. They should not be allowed to leave the country, she adds.
Why is this a priority for you?
- I have three children myself. I think it is my responsibility to do what I can to save as many children as possible from these monsters.
Also within Norway the police are focusing on pedophiles. The police in Møre og Romsdal county have established its own investigation department aimed at child abuse. The operation has been named "Operation Jupiter" and this week 80 pedophiles were busted in the county.
Justice Minister Sylvi Listhaug visited the police in Ålesund on Tuesday. She appreciated the police's work.
- This work will be prioritized further and then we'll see if there are more steps we need to take to get them. I can not emphasize how extremely important it is that this is a priority.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Three brothers reconstructed old photos to create a unique calendar for their mother
Watch the funny result.