Swedish police are forced to use the resources to investigate murders and attempted murders and do not have the time and resources to investigate the many reported rapes, reports Nettavisen.
- It is not a desirable situation. On the contrary, we would like to do more, says Torgny Söderberg to SVT. He is Head of Division of Investigations at the Stockholm Police.
In recent years there has been a sharp increase in the number of murders committed in settlements between criminal immigrant gangs in Sweden, and only every fifth murder is solved.
At the same time as the number of murders and attempted murders has increased, the number of charges for rape has decreased. In 2014, 20 percent of reported rapes led to charges. By 2015, the figure dropped to 14 percent, and by 2016 it had fallen to 11 percent.
Reported rapes have been put aside for weeks, even when there is a suspect in the case, police say.
- It is difficult to explain why rape cases are put aside, but the other crimes are even more serious. It is two evils that we have to choose between, says Söderberg to SVT, adding:
- The worst thing that can happen is that the public loses faith in the judiciary. We must not come here.
This is, however, precisely where Sweden is heading when police are so exhausted that they drop investigating rapes, burglaries and petty crime, because people will eventually begin to take care of business themselves and vigilantes will emerge. And then there will be lawlessness at a grand scale, which will probably escalate to cultural tensions large enough to trigger a civil war.
It's just a matter of patience, which at the moment is fading fast. Then, if civil war erupts, actually a very likely outcome when people are pushed too far, let's remember that the Swedes are descendants of the Vikings, tough, relentless barbarians on the battlefield.
So to trigger a resurrection of the Vikings, would not be very healthy for any opponents in war.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
- Illusions decrease as one gets older
- Young people voted against Brexit because they are naive, inexperienced and indoctrinated, says Helge Lurås, who is chairman of the center for international and strategic analysis.