Police in the Danish city of Odense now increase the protection of the city's mayor, after he apparently has offended members of the immigrant gang Black Army in Odense.
Odense's mayor, Peter Rahbæk Juel, was on March 23 approached by several members of the Black Army.
Now the police have given him bodyguards 24 hours a day, he said to TV2 Fyn.
- It's a bit of a new situation, but I am confident and comfortable with the police and their assessment, says Peter Rahbæk Juel.
- There is no doubt that this is something that everyone would rather be without, but I'll get through it with my family. The most important is that we focus on combating gang crime in the city. We must stand together - even when it's hard.
The mayor gave an interview in front of the Black Army's clubhouse in Odense, when gang members began to circulate around him. After the interview, eight men approached Peter Rahbæk Juel at his car.
- Before I got into the car, two Black Army members approached me. And suddenly there are eight to 10 around me, and they wanted to shake hands with the mayor, they said, he told about the incident.
- I told them I did not want to shake hands with the Black Army, because I do not like what they're doing. Then they became angry.
Peter Rahbæk Juel following reported the incident to police.
The mayor has for several weeks been a significant figure in the debate on criminal gangs, which is one of the reasons why Odense Police now upgrade his security. In addition, the current gang situation in Odense is the basis, says the press release.
Odense Municipality has no comment on the specific security measures.
The gang is extorting Odense citizens
While politicians in parliament negotiated on the new "gang-package," Odense had big problems with the Black Army, which among other things has extorted tattooists and the homeless.
- It is their way to use schoolyard methods, which is also affecting the vulnerable in the city. They meet up with a big crowd when blackmailing tattooists. So it's obviously the way they have chosen to get in contact with the outside world, and that's basically also what we would like to fight here in Odense, the Odense mayor told earlier.
- We must show that we are the largest community, and they will not take a misguided ownership over a spot here in Odense, said Peter Rahbæk Juel last week.
This weekend, Justice Minister Søren Pape Poulsen presented the government's new "gang-package" to try to stem the biker and gang crime in Denmark.
In addition to stricter penalties, local authorities can prohibit the clubs' premises, and police have easier access to close them.
In 2016 there were 54 shooting incidents related to biker and gang conflicts. 36 people were wounded in shootings and stabbings, while three were killed, according to figures from the Danish Ministry of Justice.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Here is the proof that there is an ocean on Jupiter's moon
Scientists estimate that the water is ten times deeper than the deepest ocean on Earth. Atop of the ocean there is a 150 km thick crust of ice.