Police were on Sunday evening in place with large numbers in Trollhättan - when the riot was over.
According to police, youths burned tires, were involved in vandalism and shot fireworks and rockets at both guards and a bus.
- There is turbulence, they have shot rockets and burned tires on the streets, says duty officer Joakim Hansson, to Expressen.
- I was on my way home from my parents when I saw a fire truck. When it stopped, I saw that there were open flames and loose cobble stones everywhere. Police and fire trucks could not go in because I guess they would have got stones thrown at them, so they backed off and drove away to Lidl, which is 500 meters away, said a witness to the newspaper.
The police had at 20:50 not yet tried to stop the gang, because they needed more recourses.
- We are trying to muster the resources to see if we can step in and disperse it all, said police officer Göran Carlbom.
At 21:45 police announced that it had settled down, and at 22:00 several buses with riot-equipped police rolled into the area.
- There are several units in place now. They have partially come from Gothenburg and from other areas, says Carlbom.
Late Sunday evening, police were still in the area and worked with security measures.
A witness says there have been lots of barricades put up.
- They have cordoned off the entire town it seems. I would drive to refuel but was stopped in the first roundabout, the witness says.
20 youths participated - no arrests
According to police, they have estimated that about 15 to 20 young people participating in the unrest. Both a bus and security guards have reported to have been fired upon with rockets.
The event is initially classified as rioting, and at 22.30, as usual, not a single person had been put into custody.
So what happened is that the armed police felt so threatened and outnumbered by twenty punks armed with rocks and fireworks, that they backed up half a kilometer and simply let the punks finish up and getting all tired of not having any resistance at all, which of course can be a little boring for almost two hours when rioting and burning up shit and stuff. And then they went home, disappointed with the cowardly police yet again. Good thing they didn't bring their Kalashnikovs this time either. But that is just a matter of when.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
The Principal: - It was chaos - I'm actually afraid
''Sharia police'' at a Swedish school tried to force women to wear the veil.