Police in the Swedish capital Stockholm, have requested reinforcements after five murders in recent days. Police also say they can not rule out more killings, reports NRK.
Police held a press conference Thursday, after two men were found shot dead in a car outside Stockholm on Wednesday evening. Both had been shot in the head.
On Tuesday, a couple were stabbed to death, and the woman decapitated:
READ: Double murder in Stockholm - woman decapitated
- There has been a large number of shootings in Stockholm, and five murders in recent days. It is alarming and very serious. We have now asked the national police chief for resources and reinforcements. The request is coming soon, and reallocations implemented urgently, says Stockholm police chief Ulf Johansson.
According to Johansson, the goal is now to apprehend the perpetrators, put an end to the shooting and disrupt the criminals as much as possible.
- We're figuring out the competence needed. It might be undercover officers, investigators and uniformed staff, he says.
Seizures of firearms and hand grenades
Investigation Director Patrick Ungsäter says they can not rule out more episodes.
- We can not rule out new violent crimes. We note that this is solely about gang related shootings. It's about known conflicts and impulsive behaviour, which is difficult to prevent, said Ungsäter.
He believes there is little risk to the public, but says that police are still working to minimize the risk of third parties being affected.
- The gang environment has twelve ongoing conflicts where there is a risk of homicide. We have seized a large number of Kalashnikovs, hand grenades and pistols. It is hard to see how many murders we've averted, but we need to increase this effort, says Task force leader Gunnar Appelgren.
Appelgren said they seized 17 Kalashnikovs during a raid at the end of last year, and that many who now buy weapons, get hand grenades for free, as part of the deal.
- Right now we have 47 murders and 57 attempted murders under investigation. Seven have been killed so far this year, and 14 wounded. A number of other serious crimes as rape and abductions are also investigated, totaling 436, he says.
READ: Swedish police find apartments with 40, 50 people
"Sweden... who would believe this? Sweden." - Donald Trump.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Russia's new 'Satan-2' can annihilate France
Recently, Russia presented its new nuclear missile, "Satan 2," which can completely destroy an area the size of France.