The Norwegian humor group "Løgnaslaget" has a number where they sing about "the Nazi hairdresser in Bryne" in their show "Løgnasevangeliet."
Despite that the person the number is all about has threatened with legal action if they do not change the wording, they refuse to do it.
- We played the show in exactly the same way we've done 50 times before. I do not think that the Nazi hairdresser number has been more popular than in Bryne, says comedian and politician for the Left in Stavanger, Per Inge Torkelsen, to NRK.
Bryne hairdresser Merete Hodne became a national celebrity when she refused to let a hijab wearing woman into her hair saloon, explaining that she sees the hijab as a political symbol and compares it to the ISIS flag. For this she has been convicted for discrimination in both the district court and the court of appeal, and have been sentenced to pay a fine of NOK 7,000. The verdict has been appealed to the Supreme Court, by Hodne.
Norwegian hairdresser denied Muslims access to the salon
- Hijab is the same as an ISIS flag
Norway's 'hijab case' to the Supreme Court
Last week Hodne demanded that the Nazi hairdresser number was removed from the revue or the wording changed, which again has not happened.
On Friday night, Løgnaslaget visited Bryne with the show, where they sang about the town's hairdresser.
- It's all about freedom of speech. We can not let a touchy hairdresser determine and censor what comedians and cabaret artists may say, says an upset Torkelsen.
If the Nazi hairdresser number is not removed, Hodne threatens lawsuits, something Torkelsen does not look upon with much worry.
- We are not worried about lawsuits at all. This is about freedom of expression, and if it ends with a lawsuit, I think it'll be fun, says the comedian and continues:
- There has never been a similar case before. If we then were to be convicted of such a thing, we will become historic and end up in the history books, as something like that has never happened before.
He believes we need to go far back in time to find a similar censorship in the country.
- This kind of thing has not happened since World War II, when we were occupied by a foreign state. I do not think we want to go back there, says Torkelsen.
When NRK contacted Merete Hodne on Saturday morning, she reacted strongly to that the Nazi number is not removed.
- I can not tolerate something like that, and I can not have on me that I'm a Nazi hairdresser. Here there are some who make money on serious untruths about me.
The hairdresser says she has been in direct contact with the cabaret group and it leaves no doubt about who the number is about.
- My lawyer and I are continuing with the lawsuit. We want the words Nazi hairdresser gone. What more we will require is up to my lawyer. To perform this number is anyway shameful by grown ups, says the hairdresser.
Attorney Linda Ellefsen of the law firm Elden confirms to the newspaper that there will be legal actions, without going into details.
Hodne told Dagbladet that she does not mind jokes about her, and that she only reacts to the use of the expression "Nazi hairdresser."
- They can belittle me as much as they want, but not try to destroy me as a person and my company, by using the words "Nazi hairdresser," says Hodne.
- I'm fighting against totalitarian ideologies like Mohammedanism and Nazism. It is virtually the same. Mohammedanism is just worse when it comes to women. I'm certainly not touchy, but if I didn't react to the Nazi hairdresser expression, I would have lost respect for myself and what I stand for, Merete Hodne tells Speisa.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
- Bring back a sample tomorrow
An 85-year-old man was having his annual health check and the doctor asked him for a sperm sample. The result was shocking.