- The majority of the Gulating Court of Appeal has interpreted my statements and my perception of the incident wrong, says Merete Hodne to Nettavisen.
The hairdresser was convicted in both the district court and the Gulating Court of Appeal for violating the Anti-Discrimination Act. She refused hijab-clad Malika Bayan, a convert to Islam, access to her saloon. Malika Bayan is formerly known as Charlotte Antonsen.
- What do you think if the case is dismissed by the Appeals Committee of the Supreme Court?
- Then we'll see what the next move will be. For me it is very important to be believed. I do not want a sentence stating that I discriminate, when I fight precisely against discrimination. Hijab is the same as an IS flag. It is a totalitarian terrible ideology that we must fight tooth and nail, Hodne says.
- Now I'm in the position that I can make an effort, she adds.
Malika Bayan's lawyer Sulman Hussain is disappointed that the case could now end up in the Supreme Court.
- My client would rather have seen that the case was over. She would have liked to be without the case in the first place, but she's ready for a new round in court, says Hussain's law firm Actio to Nettavisen.
The case has received much attention in the Norwegian press and Hodne admits that it is intensive.
- I am very engaged and feel that I'm contributing to something important. Many are behind me, and I really feel quite fine, she says.
The hairdresser now hopes that more people will take up the fight.
- No people deserve to live under Sharia law, says Hodne.
- Hijab is the same as an ISIS flag
Norwegian hairdresser denied Muslims access to the salon
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Israel Elections: Benjamin Netanyahu wins by clear margin
Netanyahu said during the election campaign that there will be no Palestinian state as long as he is in power in Israel.