SWEDEN -- A manhunt is ongoing in both Sweden and Norway, after perpetrators threw an ax in the back of the head of an elderly woman and threatened to stab her husband, reports Aftonbladet.
After the attack in a candy store in Töcksfors on Monday evening, several people are subjects of manhunts by police in both Norway and Sweden.
- They've taken their car and traveled to Norway, says Christer Magnusson, who is in charge of police in Värmland.
An elderly couple from Norway took refuge in a candy store in Töcksfors Mall near the Norwegian border on Monday evening - when three people suddenly came up to them.
According to police, the attack was launched after the perpetrators drove past the couple and collided with a lamppost.
After the collision, the driver of the car jumped out of his vehicles and assaulted the older man from Norway. Meanwhile, the woman took refuge in a shop nearby.
- She ran in there to get away but then they ran after her, says Christer Magnusson.
Got an ax in the back of the head
One of the perpetrators threw an ax in the back of the head on the woman after she had entered the shop.
- She got the ax in the back of the head with the flat side, so there has not been any major injury, says Christer Magnusson.
Then one or more of the perpetrators came after the man who had followed them into the candy store.
- They threatened him with a knife, says Christer Magnusson.
After the elderly couple was attacked in the candy store , the culprits managed to steal the couple's car - which they used to flee the crime scene.
- They've taken their car and traveled to Norway, says Christer Magnusson.
May have fled to Norway
A larger police manhunt is now ongoing in Norway and Sweden as they chase the group of offenders who may be in a Volkswagen Golf.
- We have raised the alarm to Norway, says Christer Magnusson.
- But they have not passed the customs station, so they may have decided to take a different route, he says.
The incident is classified by police as attempted murder or alternatively manslaughter.
Töcksfors is 6 km from the border with Norway.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Woman thrown off plane for harassing Trump supporter
- Just had the craziest experience ever on an airplane, Trump supporter Scott Koteskey writes on Facebook, and crazy it is.