- If anyone is here illegally, I hope we find them, of course, says the Norwegian Integration Minister, who joined the police to try to find illegal immigrants.
Immigration and Integration Minister Sylvi Listhaug's asylum policy has in recent weeks been the subject of fierce discussions because of her tough stance on the matter.
But the minister promises to get even tougher.
Sylvi Listhaug wants to throw out even more people who are in Norway without legal residence.
TV2 tagged along when Listhaug joined the police to go out into the field - to hunt for those who stay illegally in Norway.
- It is very important that politicians come out a little, and not just sit in an office. One has to get in touch with what is happening out there, says Listhaug.
The first control Listhaug was attending happened at a car wash. The minister was waiting in anticipation, while police were investigating the scene.
After a few minutes came the answer.
- It was closed, so there were no one to find, says Listhaug.
The next stop on the route is a sushi restaurant in Lillestrøm. Also this place is closed.
- If anyone is here illegally, I hope we find them, of course, says Listhaug.
While Sylvi Listhaug is standing outside, police make controls of the identity of the employees.
At the places Listhaug visited this night, all papers were in order.
- Are you "Steel-Sylvi?"
- No, but I am concerned about justice. It's about that, unless they are allowed to stay in Norway, we need to send them out, she says.
The government's goal is to deport 9,000 people during 2016. If they reach that goal, it is a new record.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
- The worst massacre ISIS has conducted
ISIS terrorists attacked city, shaven and disguised as YPG militia, then brutally targeted civilians to create fear.