SWEDEN -- Police suspect that the five-month-old girl has been murdered - and the prosecutor is sure that one of her parents have caused her death.
But none of them will apparently be brought to justice.
- They blame each other, said Police Inspector Jonny Thomann, to Expressen.
In mid-June a small infant - a girl who was only five months old - was admitted to the Central Hospital in Karlstad. The injuries she died of were inflicted at an asylum accommodation in another municipality in Värmland.
The murder investigation that the police conducted, shows there are two suspects: a woman in her 30s and a man in his 20s.
According to the head of the police department for serious crimes in Värmland, Jonny Thomann, they are the girl's mother and father.
- Both are suspects, but they blame each other. That someone has died from someone else's actions is crystal clear, but we do not know whom did what, says Jonny Thomann.
Last summer, the newspaper Nya Wermlands-Tidningen reported that the two admitted that they both were in the room at the time that the girl received the injuries that led to her death. They have been detained since, but was released from custody a month ago.
When police and prosecutors looked at the autopsy report, suspicions were weakened.
- Suspicions have weakened rather than strengthened for each of them. They have different versions of what has happened, says prosecutor Barbro Brännlund.
But you are sure that one of these two has committed the act that led to the child's death?
- Yes, we can say that with certainty.
Is it inconceivable that it could be someone else?
- Yes it is. The problem is that we have to be able to show who did what. That is what we are currently working on.
A few investigative steps remain before Barbro Brännlund decides whether she should bring charges against any of the parents.
If not, the case is dismissed and the investigation ends.
- If it goes that far that we can prosecute, it will happen soon, because we have basically done everything we can do. The problem is that the investigation is a bit unclear and I find it hard to believe that we can take the case all the way. But we can not say for sure yet, says Barbro Brännlund.
So to get away with murder in Sweden, blame your partner in crime.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Czech government to let civilians shoot and kill terrorists
The Czech government has proposed a bill stating that ordinary citizens with a weapons permit can engage and shoot to kill terrorists. Also more Czechs will be given weapons permit.