After nine years as a police officer, Patrik Nordgren has decided to submit his resignation.
The judiciary is one big failure, he says to Expressen.
- In my role as a police officer I betray you as taxpayers several times each shift.
For nine years, Patrik Nordgren has worked as a policeman in Gothenburg. But now he has come to a point where he has had enough.
- No matter how good job we do and how well we deliver, nothing happens, he says.
Patrick has felt a huge frustration that resource and work management from the agency's direction has been inadequate.
- It is the taxpayers who pay for the job I perform. They have demands for me to help them when they call and need the help of the police. Although many have the will the results are bad.
In a post on Facebook, Patrik Nordgren writes that he for a long time has put on his uniform with a lump in his throat. He has gone to work with "pain" in his stomach and a sense of failure.
Now I just feel that it is enough, says Patrik.
- There are many times we arrest people and they are released again the next day. It's frustrating.
"In my role as a police officer I betray you as taxpayers every shift, around the clock, seven days a week," he writes.
Patrick is proud of his colleagues - but criticizes the police management.
- I have a requirement of the job I perform. I want to deliver to the public. But how the authority operates today we do not supply a good product. I'm ashamed of the work I do.
- Much focus has been on working hours and wages. But that's not why I quit. It is about extremely poor leadership. You do not listen to staff with experience.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
The ex-presenter of the popular program "Top Gear", Jeremy Clarkson, has paid around 100,000 pounds in damages, and issued a public apology after punching producer Oison Tymon.