Remember when Renee Zellweger mistakenly dressed up in a Playboy bunny costume for a party in the movie "Bridget Jones's diary," well this guy experienced if for real.
State Secretary at the Norwegian Prime Minister's Office, Himanshu Gulati, was invited to a birthday party with some friends.
But while all the guests arrived to the party dressed as for a normal birthday party, he came as Dracula.
With black gown and white headscarf, he arrived to the venue as a vampire.
- I know that people in advance discussed what they would wear, and when I asked, I was told that it was a masquerade party, says the 28-year-old to Dagbladet.
It turned out to be a joke.
The event was documented on his Facebook page with a picture. It is clear that he did not appreciate that he was the only one who was dressed up for the "Halloween" party.
"Masquerade party, they said ...
PS: I hate Halstein Bagøien Moe !!!! "
But the mood was still good when Gulati, who also has been secretary for Immigration Minister Sylvi Listhaug, realized that he was the only one who was in a costume at the party.
- I was a little embarrassed when I found out that I was the only one in a costume, but I took it with a big smile, said Gulati, adding that he does not dislike his friend as much as it can be interpreted.
Behind the prank was Halstein Bagøien Moe, who says it was not a preplanned stunt, but when Himanshu asked what the dress code was, he took a spontaneous decision.
- I said it was a masquerade party. I have birthday on Halloween, so every year I have a party where I ask people to dress up. In that sense, it was not unusual that I would say so, says Bagøien Moe.
He says Himanshu was quite surprised when he arrived at the party venue last night.
- He asked if he was the only one who was dressed up, and then I said I thought he looks best as a vampire, says Halstein Bagøien Moe.
Moe says that several of the guests reacted to the costume, but they did not dare to ask him because it could be a "fashion statement".
- We're old friends from high school, and have a "jokingly" tone between us, and we do not totally agree politically, so I would make a prank against him, says Moe.
Now, however, the former FpU leader has announced that his friend must expect retaliation.
- If one is going to be fooled, this is very funny, but he must be prepared to sleep with one eye open now, says Himanshu Gulati.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus