SWEDEN: The wrestling club is an extra family for unaccompanied refugee children, both the children and the club say.
- The club has become like my family, says wrestler Yosef Ahmatzai (age not given, but alleged to be under 18 somewhere).
It was in the spring the club began to seriously work to get in touch with and extend a hand to unaccompanied refugee children who live in places around the municipality of Lomma, reorts the regional newspaper Sydsvenskan.
- It was an idea that I had for long and in meetings in the municipality we had on several occasions talked about how we in sports could help unaccompanied refugee children into the community, says Hellen Boström, president of BK Envig.
To generate interest and get the youngsters to come to wrestling training, she took the bike and drove around to the three HVB homes located in central Lomma.
- I simply had to seek out these young people myself, says Hellen Boström.
After several attempts, she finally found some interested children.
Since then, wrestling has become a success. When the newspaper visits the training, a dozen cute children are tossing each other around on the yellow and red carpet, reports the newspaper.
Now, if you see men instead of children, it only means the following:
- You are not employed by the Swedish State or a Swedish municipality.
- You are not a liberal Swedish politician.
- You have perfect eyesight and there is no need to visit Specsavers.
- You are sane.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Asylum seekers drop Norway - lowest figure in 20 years
Norway's increasingly stricter measures and tougher policies regarding refugees, have made asylum seekers drop Norway as their final destination when fleeing through peaceful Europe.