SWEDEN: A 43-year-old Iraqi man was arrested this morning on suspicion of murder after a woman was found dead and burning last night alongside a road outside Helsingborg.
Police were alerted at half past eight in the evening.
- It was a passerby who saw something it burning along the road and called the police, says police spokesman Eva-Lotta Hermansson Truedsson, to Fria Tider.
- Then another person called and said it was a body that was burning, she adds.
According to media reports, the dead person is a woman, but the body has not yet been identified.
- It is of course crucial to get the identity established, says Hermansson Truedsson.
Shortly before seven o'clock this morning police arrested a 43 year old man living in Helsingborg on suspicion of murder. It is an immigrant from Iraq who came to Sweden with his family in the spring of 2007.
The man was granted Swedish citizenship more than four years ago. He does not have a criminal record.
The 43-year-old has three children who are between 6 and 11 years old with a 34-year-old woman who is also an immigrant. The couple divorced in 2010, however, and they are now registered at different addresses in Helsingborg.
The police can not in the current situation comment on whether the investigators believe the murder is Islamic honour related.
- That is not something I can go into, says Hermansson Truedsson.
She also says that police are knocking on doors in the area.
- We want witness statements, if there are witness statements people should contact the police. There may be some that have passed and seen a car.
Police are particularly interested in whether anyone have seen a car or anything stopping along Ekebyvägen Tuesday night because the murderer probably used a vehicle.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
France to unleash Calais migrants on UK if Brexit
France will ensure that the migrant camp "The Jungle" in Calais, moves to the UK if the British decide to exit the EU, warns the French Economy Minister, Emmanuel Macron.