Should you let your phone run completely out of power during the day, to be charged all night?
There are many different opinions about how best best charge a mobile phone, and they are almost equally good, says Per Jørgensen Møller, who is a civil engineer and a battery expert, to BT.
- We have a battery technology that is very forgiving of how we use it. As such, there is no wrong way to charge a phone, he says.
But there are still some things that can shorten the life of a battery, he says. It is stressful for batteries with a high temperature. So avoid placing the phone in the sun or completely covered, where it can not easily get rid of the heat.
But there is something else you should avoid if you want the phone's battery to live a little longer - do not let your phone run completely out of power.
- The further you push the phone's battery, the more stress you put on it, explains Jørgensen Møller, who believes that the battery power level should be kept over 50 percent.
A study also shows that the battery charger should not be plugged in a long time after the phone is fully charged, because it stresses the battery.
This is how you best charge your mobile phone, according to Jørgensen Møller:
- Do not let it run completely out of power.
- Do not leave the phone in the charger once it is fully charged.
- Try to avoid that the phone's battery reaches 100 percent. Charge it instead to for example 90 percent and take it out the charger.
- Charge your phone when you can - even if it is only 10 minutes. The battery is not harmed by being charged often.
- Keep the phone cool. High temperatures are more harmful to the battery than improper charging.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
California legalizes child prostitution
The governor of California, Jerry Brown, has signed a legislation to ban police from charging people under the age of 18 with prostitution.