SWEDEN -- This story is two years old, but has again begin to circulate on social media.
Jan Eriksson (69) was attacked at night in central Östersund by three young robbers armed with a baseball bat. But Jan turned out to be the wrong person to try to rob.
- I said, "Now you're messing with the wrong guy," says Jan Eriksson.
The visit to Östersund was far more eventful than Jan Eriksson, 69, could have imagined. Actually, he had only planned to stay overnight in Östersund and then go up to the mountains to hike.
But when visiting a restaurant in central Östersund, the night took an unexpected turn and he was exposed to an attempted robbery.
Jan has tinnitus and he therefore went outside of the noisy restaurant. Then, quite suddenly, three guys dressed in hoodies approached him.
- I went out for a while. Then these guys showed up. They had hoods and were dressed in black, and they said: "Mobile, money".
But Jan had other plans.
- Forget it I said. Then bang, says Jan.
One of the robbers took out an aluminum baseball bat and started swinging. Jan blocked the first two blows with his arms. Then it was "game over" for the three robbers, he says.
There was something the robbers were not aware of. Jan was previously a karate expert and even had a black belt.
- I knocked them out. All three, says Jan Eriksson without blinking.
The counterattack began with a well-aimed kick.
- I'm almost 70 years old. But I still kick pretty good. So probably there were three or four ribs cracked on this first one I took. Then I hit the next one on the forehead and he fell.
Jan Eriksson only received minor injuries. A bit bruised and he has a sore nose. It was worse for the robbers.
- One they had to carry away, says Jan Eriksson.
Police investigator Per Thelin, confirmed that they had received a report of the assault.
- We have their descriptions and will investigative to see if we can identify them, said Thelin.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
IS on Trump: - This guy is a complete maniac
"This guy is a complete maniac. His utter hate towards Muslims will make our job much easier because we can recruit thousands," ISIS says about Trump, like they are the normal ones.