Morgan Wojciechowski was killed when he tried an experiment with electricity he had seen on YouTube.
It went terribly wrong when the 15 year old American tried to recreate a spark gap, or a so-called Jacob's Ladder, which he had seen on YouTube.
The accident occurred in the family garage in Vermilion, Ohio.
The boy was found by his family in the evening after they had heard noises from the garage, police say.
Ambulance and fire brigade was sent to the rescue, and the boy was taken to Lorain Mercy hospital but his life could not be saved.
Police in Erie County say to Sandusky Register that the boy received a severe electrical shock while he tried to carry out an experiment from YouTube called "Jacob's Ladder".
It is an electric device in which two conductors are placed close together. The gap between the leaders is ionized so that the electricity jumps between the conductors.
It is unknown which YouTube video Morgan Wojciechowski had seen.
Below is a video of the so-called Jacob's Ladder on YouTube. We strongly advise you not to try this at home.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
- Are you working on this?
With a microphone accidentally left on during a United Nations summit, German Chancellor Angela Merkel was overheard challenging Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg on what the social media giant was doing to stamp out racist posts.