Among job seekers at the Employment Service in Malmö, ISIS has openly tried to enlist Muslims to join the terrorist group.
- There are indications that there were attempted recruitment for the terrorist organization, confirms Per Ola Persson, security manager at the Employment Service, to the local newspaper Sydsvenskan.
After the recruitment attempts, the security department reported the information to the Police Security Service, the newspaper writes.
Suspicions began in the autumn.
According to Sydsvenskan, staff of the Public Employment Service Offices in Malmö discovered that a man sought contact with clients in the office. The man made contact with unemployed Muslims and gave them IS-propaganda, and among other things, pressured a man of African origin.
Both customers and staff reacted to the recruitment, which happened openly and without any attempt to hide the intentions.
The staff then contacted the security department, reports Sydsvenskan.
Because there are no cameras in the waiting room, the security department has to collect data from the office staff. The information is then sent on to the police.
- Both for customers and staff, it's uncomfortable that something like this can happen. Our job centers are public places. The idea is that people should feel safe when they come to us, says Per-Ola Persson to Sydsvenskan.
Several sources say to Sydsvenskan that recruitments have occurred also in other public places such as cafés and restaurants.
Amir Rostami, a policeman and a sociologist who researches gang recruitment, is not at all surprised that the recruitment efforts happen at the Employment Service office in Malmö.
- Such a place is perfect for recruiters. It is aimed at environments where people are vulnerable and desperate, and offers a way out, he told Sydsvenskan.
Local IS-sympathizers are not only trying to recruit people in the city - but also threatens their "enemies".
- I met one of them. A guy with a long beard. He said: "Inshallah, we will kill all Kurds. You first," says a man with Kurdish roots.
- He was Daesh. But we do not dare say their names aloud. We call them "those filthy".
- They have sent SMS threats too. I reported it to the police. But the police just said I should be careful and look over my shoulder.
How many new ISIS members the recruitment gave is naturally not known.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
The White House posts President Obama's executive actions to reduce gun violence
President Obama is taking executive action for more gun control.