The Norwegian politician Christian Tybring- Gjedde believes the government should refuse to accept refugees from Turkey.
The parliament politician describes the agreement as a "refugee game" by Turkey.
- Developments in the NATO country Turkey are very worrying. That the country has set aside democratic rules can not be accepted, says Tybring-Gjedde.
The top politician, who is the government party's spokesman on foreign affairs, claims that Turkey now holds Europe hostage.
- That Turkey is engaging in blackmail of Europe, by requiring new billions of euros and pushing the EU to take new tens of thousands of refugees, is not a NATO country and a potential EU country worthy.
To Dagbladet, Tybring-Gjedde elaborates that he believes the agreement can get the whole of EU to collapse.
- I think the EU could collapse because of this agreement, because many countries could end up saying no to give Turkey so much money. When the EU is unable to agree on this problem, the trust between member states will completely collapse, he predicts.
- In that case it would not be as catastrophic as some would argue. Today EU countries can get along fine on their own. People in Norway will not stop buying Mercedes for that reason. And the world will stop buying Norwegian salmon either, says Tybring-Gjedde, who is an EU opponent.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Sweden: - There is a real danger of war
- There is a real danger of war that everybody should be aware of, says leader of the Swedish Parliament's Defense Committee, and has deployed troops and tanks to Gotland.