Mars and Snickers withdrawn in 56 countries

 
Mars and Snickers withdrawn in 56 countries
Millions of Mars and Snickers chocolate bars are withdrawn in 56 countries, after a piece of plastic was found in one chocolate, says the chocolate manufacturer.

The chocolates are already removed from the shelves in Germany and the Netherlands. In addition to France, the manufacturer informs that Mars products will be withdrawn in the UK, Belgium, Italy and Spain.

The European Commission says that the withdrawal applies to a total of 56 countries.

All EU countries except Bulgaria and Luxembourg are among the 56. Other affected countries are Ghana, India, Iran, Nepal, Taiwan and South Africa.

Ylva Freiesleben, at Mars Nordic confirms that the company is going to withdraw chocolates in Norway, Sweden, Finland and Denmark.

- We have no indications that something would be wrong with the products in the Nordic countries, but we want to be proactive and withdraw all Mars and Snickers in Scandinavia, she says to VG.

Communications manager Rolf Aaneland in the MSLGROUP emphasizes on behalf of Mars Norway, that this is an isolated incident.

- No other variations of chocolate, packaging formats or sizes are affected, he writes in a press release and calls the withdrawal a safety concern.

The red piece of plastic was found in a Snickers bar bought in Germany on January 8 and it was traced back to the factory in Veghel, Netherlands.

Eline Bijveld of Mars Netherlands, can not say how much the factory produces daily, but says that around four million products have been withdrawn in the Netherlands alone. The plastic must have come from a protective coating on one of the machines.

March is also behind Celebrations, which is a box of small chocolates. Some of these and small Milky Way chocolates are also withdrawn.

Comment below.

Latest
obbo-1.jpg
Immigration Minister Sylvi Listhaug is cheering. Never before has Norway forcefully deported as many illegal immigrants as last year.

obbo-1.jpg
Three men in Sweden have been arrested on suspicion of rape after they raped a young woman and sent it live on Facebook.

obbo-1.jpg
As promised, President Trump has returned a bust of former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill to the Oval Office, which had been removed by his predecessor, Barack Obama in 2009.




View this article in PDF format Print article



DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!




Disclamer
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.
comments powered by Disqus