US forces in South Korea are put on high alert in case of any provocation from North Korea, said a spokesman for the forces.
The high alert order was given by Commander Curtis Scaparrotti, who is responsible for US forces, during a visit to the air base Osan on Monday.
The base is operated jointly by the US and South Korea.
The two countries are in talks about getting additional US reinforcements sent to South Korea, said spokesman Kim Min-seok from the Defense Ministry.
According to South Korean media, the talks also include B-2 bombers, submarines and F-22 fighters.
The measures come a few days after North Korea for the fourth time carried out a nuclear test, which the North Koreans have described as "self-defense" against the United States.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
The third time's lucky, Maire hopes
In December last year, Maire Pekhonen (71) left Sweden to marry Lamin Sanneh, (34) in Gambia. He is her third Gambian husband she now wants to bring to Sweden. "Life is short and I want to have fun," she says.