Jürgen Klopp charmed everyone with his mood and smile when he met the press for the first time as new Liverpool manager.
The highlight of the press conference came when the German was asked how he, like José Mourinho, would describe himself.
- I would not describe myself. I'm just an ordinary guy. My mother might be sitting in front of the TV and watching now. She may not have understood one word so far, but she is proud. Maybe I'm "The Normal One"? Klopp said to laughter from the audience.
The 48-year-old began the press conference by saying that to become Liverpool manager is the greatest honor he could imagine.
- For me this is one of the biggest clubs in the world, he said.
At the press conference, which lasted over half an hour, Klopp was engaged on all issues. He repeated several times that he is an ordinary guy, and he urged the press and the fans to be patient.
The expectations for German is enormous in the Merseyside club.
- One thing is what people think when you arrive, but it's much more important what they think when you leave, he said.
- None of the great managers said during their first press conference that they would become legends when they left the club. One must work in the present, said Klopp.
In the eventful press conference, Klopp told that he interrupted his holiday to sign for Liverpool. The plan was initially to take time off until next year.
- When I left Dortmund I would see what happened. But if there were someone who called, I would consider it. It was cool that Liverpool called. It feels good to be here, he said.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
ISIS stone Syrian girl for using Facebook
A young girl was stoned to death by the militant group in Syria for using a Facebook account.