The doctor has no problems with it: The 22-year-old is to be married off, and the coming husband's family has one claim before the wedding - she must prove that she is a virgin.
That's what Swedish TV4 reveals using hidden cameras in an episode of the documentary program "Kalla fakta".
A doctor at a medical center in Rinkeby outside Stockholm says straight out that she has long experience in carrying out such checks - including on minors:
- I've done it hundreds of times. I have examined children and adults, all in this way, says the female doctor, while she apparently uses a poster to explain how the control takes place.
Using hidden cameras, the TV4 program has checked the situation at two medical centers and a specialist doctor's office.
According to Expressen, all three institutions are privately owned, but financed with Swedish tax money.
The scenario TV4 rigged is as follows: A 22-year-old woman is to be married off, but the coming husband's family demands that she is a virgin. An "uncle" is forcing "his niece" to see whether it is possible to perform such a control on a woman against her will.
The TV program shows how the woman explains to the doctor that the control is against her will. An "interpreter" then says to the doctor:
- His niece is about to marry. They are very, you know ... concerned about Persian "honor". Someone from Iran is to be engaged to her. But since she has lived here for two years, they want a gynecologist to check that she is, you know, a virgin ...
Then the time of the checkup was arranged - already later the same day.
- I don't want to! You can not do this to me! I don't want to! Tell me if this is legal! Tell me! You are forcing me to do this. I will not be checked or married off! Leave me alone, shouts the actress in front of the doctor.
But the doctor nevertheless accepts to perform the control and even throws in a question:
- In what language should I issue the proof that she is a virgin? In Swedish?
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
- NATO did its job in Libya
There are many reasons why Libya collapsed, but NATO did its job, says head of the Alliance, Jens Stoltenberg.