Four giant sponsors announced that they would like Sepp Blatter removed. First out was Coca-Cola, who wants Sepp Blatter to resign as president of the International Football Association (FIFA) with immediate effect.
Coca-Cola believes that it is the only right thing after Swiss authorities have launched an investigation against the 79-year-old.
- For every day that passes, the rumor and reputation of FIFA becomes worse. FIFA needs reforms, and it can only happen through a completely independent approach, says the statement from Coca-Cola.
Not long after, Coca-Cola received a response from Blatter himself. The 79-year-old believes it is best for FIFA that he remains.
- Coca-Cola is a highly valued sponsor of FIFA, but Mr. Blatter disagree with their views and believes it is not in FIFA's best interest if he leaves his office now. Nor will it be an advantage for the process and the reform that is now under way. Therefore he will not resign, it is stated in the press release.
McDonald's, Visa and Budweiser have the same requirement.
Also McDonald's requires that the FIFA president leaves the position immediately.
- The last week events have continued to destroy the reputation of FIFA, and people's confidence in the organization's leadership, says McDonald's in a press statement, according to Reuters.
Later in the evening came the news that the US credit card giant, Visa, wants to get Blatter removed immediately.
- We do not believe that a meaningful reform can be carried out under FIFA's existing management. On the basis of the past week's events, it is clear that it is in FIFA's interest, and in sports, that Sepp Blatter withdraws immediately, writes Visa in a statement, according to AFP.
The same desire also Budweiser owners Anheuser-Busch InBev have.
- We have been actively involved in the reform efforts and believe that it is best done without Blatter, stated Anheuser-Busch InBev.
Blatter has the presidential chair until February 2016, but recently announced that if the member states fail to agree on a candidate, he is determined to continue.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
If You Remember This You Had An Awesome Childhood!
Play the good old Space Invaders Arcade Game again