The Norwegian artist Thomas Knarvik has to go to Denmark to get his book "InHisName", with religion critical caricatures, published.
- ''InHisName" by Thomas Knarvik will not be completed, and the project is returned to the author, writes the publishing company SpreDet, on its website.
Chief Editor Vebjørn Selbekk in the Christian newspaper Dagen, says to NRK that he believes this shows that freedom of speech has poor conditions in Norway.
- Symbolically this is one of the strongest I've heard in the past decade. That a book publisher will be burning books, really shows that it is bad, says Selbekk.
Vebjørn Selbekk is the editor who dared publish the Muhammed caricatures in Norway in 2005.
Altogether 2,500 copies of the book are to be destroyed. Now the book instead has to be released in Denmark.
To the Danish newspaper Information, Knarvik says that he has drawn in sympathy with Charlie Hebdo and in admiration for their irreverent style.
- But the main thing for me is to show and ridicule how religious authority is an instrument to commit the most outrageous assault on humans, says Knarvik.
Knarvik also refers to another Charlie as one of his role models.
- I try to do it as Chaplin did in "The Dictator," to ridicule the absolute authority, he says.
- In a situation where Saudi Arabia leads the UN Human Rights Counsel, human rights have a use for new defenders, says the artist.
Thomas Knarvik is educated at the Oslo Art Academy, and in Florence.
The globalist psychopaths vs Speisa
Your kind donations help keep Speisa up and running. For those of you who can, we ask that you make a monetary contribution. Thank you!
Why would I donate?
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Watch Piers Morgan turn on Obama
Obama Supporter Piers Morgan slammed Obama on Sean Hannity’s television show Monday.