We need to introduce border control at the border with Germany. Otherwise we will be overrun by Angela Merkel's refugees, says DF's Vice President, Søren Espersen.
The Danish People's Party's top management now wants the Prime Minister, Lars Løkke Rasmussen to close the Danish border with Germany to prevent that Denmark becomes overrun by many of the refugees, currently located south of the Danish border, according to Ekstra Bladet.
- We need to urgently introduce border control at the border with Germany, says Søren Espersen.
- If the Liberals want to act as a responsible party of government, the government must close the border with Germany, because otherwise we run the risk that many of the current refugees in Germany will be coming to Denmark.
- Will Denmark not break the Schengen Agreement, which is about open borders within 26 countries in Europe?
- Not at all. The Schengen Agreement provides just the opportunity that a country in special cases could impose border control.
- We are in a special situation with the refugees, who are currently on their way through Europe from Syria and other countries, says Espersen.
- The German Chancellor, Angela Merkel, has opened a barn door when she opened the German border for refugees, but I do not think that all refugees will stay in Germany.
- We run the risk that many of them will seek to Denmark and Sweden, but that we must stop.
- Therefore, we insist on a meeting with the government, so we can get a majority to introduce border control. It is, I believe, our duty to do it, says Søren Espersen.
- Could the problem be resolved if countries like Poland, Hungary, Romania, Bulgaria and Slovakia take their share of the refugees?
- Theoretically yes, but the truth is that the refugees will not stay in those countries because welfare benefits are much lower than in Germany, Denmark and Sweden, says Søren Espersen.
The Danish People's Party is the largest party in Denmark after the elections a few months ago.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
ACLJ: We must tell the truth about ISIS because Obama won’t
In his address to the nation, President Obama declared to the nation, to the world, that ISIS was not Islamic. Across the globe, jaws dropped.