Premier League clubs have again set a spending record during this summer's transfer window.
On Tuesday the transfer window in England closed for this time. Millions have been spent by both the big clubs and the clubs a bit further down the table. Some had bought what they needed early and could lean back to watch their competitors work feverishly to complete the last transfers before the window closed.
Here are the most expensive transfers this summer:
1. Kevin De Bruyne (pictured) - to Manchester City from Wolfsburg. The Belgian will cost City 58 million pounds. It is a new transfer record for the Manchester club.
2. Raheem Sterling - to Manchester City from Liverpool. The winger has a total price tag of 49 million pounds.
3. Anthony Martial - to Manchester United from Monaco. The 19-year-old comes to Old Trafford for 36 million pounds.
4. Christian Benteke - to Liverpool from Aston Villa for 32.5 million pounds.
5. Nicolás Otamendi - to Manchester City from Valencia for 32 million pounds.
6. Roberto Firmino - to Liverpool from Hoffenheim. The Brazilian, who has impressed in Germany for several seasons, will reportedly cost the Merseyside club 29 million pounds.
7. Memphis Depay - to Manchester United from PSV Eindhoven for 25 million pounds.
8. Morgan Schneiderlin - to Manchester United from Southampton for 25 million pounds.
9. Son Heung-min – to Tottenham from Bayer Leverkusen for 21,9 million pounds.
10. Pedro Rodríguez - to Chelsea from Barcelona for 21,1 million pounds.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
15-year-old arrested for having planned massacre in Germany
The boy had been in contact with the 18-year-old who killed nine people in Munich last Friday.