The Danish mother of three, Pernille H, sent a letter to Ekstra Bladet about the situation she has ended up in.
After a problematic relationship with a man, she is now a single mother, and she can see that her income is about 6000 DKK less per month from October 1st. She and her children - one of whom is autistic and the other two vulnerable because they were born 10 weeks prematurely - needed a cheaper place to stay. But the municipality can not help. Her letter says:
- I talked to the social worker and came on the acute list, I was listed for need of housing. I check pages daily, but it looks very difficult.
- I then called the municipality to hear how long time it will take, being on the acute-list, and got this answer: "I can just say, it is going to be very long, as our first priority is refugees and foreigners .... "
- I have always worked, always paid taxes, paid for society as best I could, helped others if they were in need.
- But now I'm being punished …., wrote Pernille who would like to hear what others in her situation have done. The same goes for Nathalie E, who is 23 years old, and homeless from tomorrow:
- So far I live with my father and brother in Herlev, but my brother and I can not move to our father's new apartment, which is smaller than the one we live in now - and it is still in Herlev municipality our father will be staying.
- I have contacted my caseworker several times by email, and have been visiting the social services.
- My caseworker can not help, she says.
- I really think that it is so low that municipalities do not help us citizens. What do we need them for if they can not give us the help we need?, writes Nathalie.
Køge will receive 131 refugees this year, Herlev Municipality must accept 7. In total 12,000 refugees need a home this year.
And they all have priority before the homeless ethnic Danes.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Policemen: We are defenceless against terrorists
"Like being sent out hunting lions with a peashooter and a jumpsuit made of zebra meat."