Hotel staff at a hotel in Turkey frightened the guests into shock when they dressed up as IS-terrorists and raided the pool area with cans of petrol and fake machine guns.
- It was suppose to be today's entertainment, says the hotel manager.
The guests at the hotel Grand Yazici Mares Icmeler in Turkey, are in shock after employees at the hotel staged an assaults of what was suppose to appear to be an attack from terrorists from the Islamic state, IS.
The morbid joke happens only six weeks after a terrorist from IS, Seifeddine Rezgui Yacoubi, killed 38 guests at a hotel in Tunisia.
The British tourists at the hotel were terrified by the bad joke.
43-year-old Jason Pythian relaxed by the pool when a group of men dressed in "Arab clothes" raided the pool area with fake guns and cans.
- One of them ran towards me with a can and flushed me with "petrol". He then took out a lighter, says Pythian.
He says that only after they had fled in fear of their life, they realized that it was a joke.
- We were so relieved. The hotel says it was their idea for today's entertainment, says 43-year-old from Manchester.
Pythian's sister, Dawn Sutton, says that she believed her nightmares had come true. 30 of the 38 killed tourists in Tunisia were British, and the massacre did a huge impression on her.
- You could see it in her eyes, she believed her last hour was here. She went into full panic and said over and over that she wanted to go home, says her brother.
Jason Pythian and other Brits went to the manager to complain.
The manager said that they had to contact the travel company, Jet2holidays.
- It destroyed the holiday for us. It was nauseating considering what happened in Tunisia. Dawn refused to stay at the hotel after the event.
Jason says that her sister has written about the event on the website TripAdvisor, a web site where users may write reviews of hotels. Several other tourists have done the same.
The Turkish city is about 120 miles from the border with Syria, where large parts of the country is controlled by the terrorist group the Islamic state.
A spokeswoman for Jet2holidays says that they will immediately discuss the matter with the staff at the hotel.
- We are sorry that this joke was badly received. The joke was part of a "Hollywood theme" at the pool, which also contains themes like Superman and Rambo, which has always been well received, she says.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Oil Platform in the Gulf of Mexico on fire
Four people have died in a fire at a Mexican oil platform in the Gulf of Mexico.