Linda Akselsen Bjerke bought a 12-pack of eggs at the supermarket Rema 1000, and hatched out two chickens.
- Anyone can do this, says chicken farmer Ole Egge.
The two little chicks now trips around in the kitchen, says Bjerke, who lives on a farm outside Kongsvinger in Norway.
- I grew up on a farm with chickens, and we wanted to have it here too. We will buy more from a hatchery, but this we did for fun, she tells NRK.
- Our kids of course think this is very fun, says Bjerke, who have children at 2, 6 and 7 years old.
The eggs were purchased at Rema 1000 at Kongsvinger three weeks ago.
Her husband works at a company that repairs hospital equipment, and therefore had access to a laboratory incubator that would not be used anymore. The incubator is typically used for culturing bacteria.
- The eggs were kept with a stable temperature of 38 degrees, she says.
Bjerke said she had heard that hens may have the company of a rooster to thrive, and that embryos can slip through the control.
- As long as they are not frozen, this is possible. And the control can not weed out absolutely everyone by fluoroscopy, says Bjerke.
She made Rema1000 aware of the situation on Facebook. The supermarket chain responds very surprised.
"Awww. It is theoretically impossible, but these two miracles you must take good care of, "reads part of the answer from Rema 1000.
- There are many routines that make it unlikely, but it's a natural course. For us it's a miracle, says spokeswoman at Rema 1000, Amalie Knudsen, to NRK.
But chicken farmer Ole Egge disagrees.
- Anyone can do this, says the chicken farmer.
- In any hen flock where there is a rooster the eggs will be fertilized, but it makes no difference to the eggs, says Egge to NRK.
But there are certain criteria that are needed to hatch chickens. Once the egg is fertilized it must be kept warm at about 38 degrees Celsius for 21 days and it must be regularly turned.
Egge believes that anyone technically can hatch out a chicken.
- If you sleep with an egg for 21 days you may hatch a chicken, says Egge.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Fight erupts in Ukraine parliament
VIDEO: The leader of Ukraine’s Radical Party, Oleg Lyashko, was punched in the face by Opposition Bloc Deputy, Yury Boyko - twice.