Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi sent a letter to all ISIS media offices where he says that they are no longer allowed to post execution videos, as he is worried about what effect it will have on the extremist group's image, like it can get any worse.
Baghadi claimed that the background for the decision is that he does not want other Muslims and their children to be intimidated by the videos, according to the Syrian newspaper Ara News.
However, Syrian politician and lawyer Ferid Hisso says that ISIS terrorists most likely do not care about who may see videos of their inhuman actions.
- Instead of banning publication of this kind of videos, Baghdadi should have stopped the cruel actions they perform, said Hisso.
ISIS has published several execution videos the last year, including a video in which a child shoots and kills two men who are accused of having worked for Russian intelligence. About a month later, a new video showed the Jordanian pilot who was burnt alive in a cage, where both children and adults took to the streets to watch it on a big screen.
A few weeks ago, the extremist group released a video in which 25 government soldiers were shot dead at the scene of ancient amphitheater in Palmyra in Syria, by children.
These are just a few examples of the horror we have had to witness the last year.
- The actions, the leader has already justified to their followers, so this ban makes no difference, said Hisso.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Weekend in Sweden: Cars on fire in Gothenburg, Gävle, Alvesta and Malmö
During the night of Sunday, the usual arson was reported in several parts of the country.