Many Greeks take their money out of banks, worried about what will happen. The number of tourists drops and the queues at banks are long, says George Georgiou in Athens.
- You can see it in people's eyes that they are a worried, he says.
The queues are long at ATMs in Greece right now. Many Greeks want to take out their money because they have no idea what will happen.
There is a deep concern in the country now, confirms 33-year-old George Georgiou. He is the head waiter at a restaurant in the center of Athens, just married and lives in an apartment in the Greek capital with his wife.
George Georgiou, notice how the economic crisis is affecting the country.
- There is a drop in tourism of 30 to 40 percent this year. It is a lot, but we are not only supported by tourists. 70 percent of our customers are locals and 30 percent are tourists, he told TT.
He says he tries to think positively. When the impact of the crisis of the restaurant's business comes up he explains that every crisis brings with it opportunities.
- For example, we keep our prices. In the same way that we serve the local population we serve our tourists. We try to maintain our given budget for all so that they can afford to eat, drink, and have fun too.
George Georgiou says that he has seen the long queues outside the ATMs in Athens.
- Unfortunately, because I work all day, I have not had time to go to the bank yet. Maybe I should do it. It depends on my job. If I get time off, I will go to the bank, he says, and continues:
- Honestly, you can see it in people's eyes that they are a bit worried. For example, instead of eating out, most will save their money and not spend as much at this time.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Trump - Trumpet: Did Nostradamus predict WW3?
According to Nostradamus' prophecies, a devastating 27-year-long war will break out between the world's two great superpowers.