The man who is suspected of having beheaded his boss in France, sent a photo he took of himself and the severed head, to a number in North America.
The picture was sent via the messaging service WhatsApp to a number in North America, said sources close to the investigation, to AFP. Investigators have not yet have been able to identify the recipient.
On Saturday the 35-year-old was questioned by French police. No group has yet taken responsibility for the attack, which took place in Saint-Quentin-Fallavier, about 40 kilometers from Lyon.
The boss of the suspect, a 54 year old man (article picture), was beheaded, while two people were wounded in an attempt to blow up a factory.
The suspect has previously been in police's focus for ties to another Islamic extremist group.
Neighbors have described him as a friendly man, while a colleague says the 35-year-old was a "wolf in sheep's clothing" who talked to him about the Islamic state (IS).
- He didn't try to recruit me, but asked me about my opinion of IS, he says the radio station RTL.
The attack had Prime Minister Manuel Valls to cancel a visit to South America and return home. On Saturday he attended an emergency meeting with President François Hollande and other ministers.
Hollande has increased preparedness to the highest level in the region where the attack occurred.
According to Valls, France must prepare for that there will be more terrorist attacks.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
Sweden: Teenagers arrested with five AK47s in the luggage
Three teenagers have been charged after police found several Kalashnikov assault rifles in the trunk of a taxi in Stockholm.