A serious police staffing crisis paves the way for criminals this summer.
Police staffing this summer is so weak that public safety is at risk, says the Swedish Police Union to SVT.
- The risk of committing mistakes and miscalculations do increase with this staff shortage, says the union's chairman Lena Nitz.
Difficulties getting staffing in the summertime is a regular feature for the police, but this year's situation is worse than usual, according to the Police Union.
- There is a very big shortage of staff. In addition to vacations and parental leave, many have also quit, says Lena Nitz.
A police officer told TT that this summer there will be only 18 police officers who are working shifts in his district - seven municipalities in central Sweden with several major events in the summertime.
"A few days ago we were informed that no extra staff from the region was to be expected," writes the police in an email to TT.
On top of the problem of staff shortages there are also problems in several county communication centers (LKC) - those who receive emergency calls from the public and are directing patrols.
- Many have left because they did not want to move when the county communication centers was transferred to the regional control centers, says Nitz.
When there are not enough certified operators to fill in the gaps, the workload for those who work there becomes even higher.
- It is obvious that the risk of committing mistakes and making miscalculations increases. This could ultimately affect the citizens, but also individual police employees, says Nitz.
- There are almost no unemployed police officers to ask as substitutes. To handle this in a different way, we would either need to have 5-10 percent unemployment among policemen, alternatively we would need to over-recruit, says Micael Säll Lindahl, deputy regional police chief.
"We quite honestly do not know how to solve it. No one listens and takes the issues seriously."
At least it's good news to criminals and jihadis in Sweden, who can do their thing without being disturbed by the boys in blue. Allahu Akbar.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
This is the ISIS-executioner 'Jihad John' without the mask
The man with the cap is ''Jihad John'' as a student.