SWEDEN: Eight criminal immigrants were arrested during the National Day for Thursday's robbery against a pawnshop in central Västerås.
The eight robbers are now accusing police of torture as "dansbandmusik" (dance band music) was played in jail.
Dansband ("dance band") is a Swedish term for a band that plays dansbandsmusik ("dance band music"). Dansbandsmusik is often danced to in pairs. Jitterbug and foxtrot music are often included in this category. The music is primarily inspired by swing, schlager, country, jazz, and rock. The main influence for rock-oriented bands is the rock music of the 1950s and 1960s.
The eight robbers are between 19 and 32 years of age and at least seven of them residing in different locations of the western suburbs of Stockholm, four in Rinkeby and Tensta - the eighth robber is an immigrant from Gambia and has no registered address. All eight are previously convicted of crimes and are mainly immigrants from the Middle East and the Balkans.
The robbers were quickly caught because the police conducted reconnaissance of them and knew that they were planning some sort of crime.
- There has been a reconnaissance operation against a number of individuals following a fairly basic analysis, says commanding police director, Per Agren.
- It gave us the opportunity to prepare ourselves for what we thought was going to happen, he continues.
The eight robbers are now arrested on probable cause suspected of robbery and are to sit in detention for a month.
The robbers have during the weekend filed a police complaint against the police on the grounds that there was played Swedish dance band music in jail - something that the robbers equated with torture.
- It has been alleged that there has been played "dansbandsmusik" all the time, but it is not correct, said Per Agren, and adds:
- Based on the fact that we did not want them to talk to each other, that is the reason why there has been played music.
More than that, he can not comment on the ongoing investigation as the matter are now to be handed over to the department for complaints against the police, to investigate allegations of torture of the criminals.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
The eye of the typhoon ''Maysak'' looks like a black hole from space
- It is one of the wildest I've seen.