The crew aboard the ''MS Ballstadøy'' got a monster halibut of 312 kilos in the trawl.
- It was awesome. It was like getting a cow in the trawl, says Mathias Høyning aboard the MS "Ballstadøy 1" to fbfi.
- It was wild conditions on board and we have not yet calmed down, he says.
The giant was caught at the coast of Finnmark in Norway on Thursday and was delivered to Tobø Fish in Havøysund.
There it was weighed to an astounding 312 kg, only two kilograms less than the heaviest halibut ever weighed in Norway.
- When it was so big it was sad that it was just two kilograms away from the record, he admits.
Meanwhile, it was "only" 2.40 meters long.
- Normal weight for halibut of this length is 180 kilograms, but we have been told that this halibut has never spawned. When it does not use energy on spawning it can grow larger, he explains.
Also at Tobø Fish it was very special to be delivered a halibut of that size.
- We had to make an extra large crate for it. It was almost grotesque, like lowering a giant dead man in a coffin, says Tor Bjarne Stabell to fbfi.
The halibut is already packed and on its way to the Netherlands. Also there it is expected a big commotion when the giant arrives, and local media have already reported that the Norwegian caught giant comes.
- So it will be honored also down there, Stabell said satisfied.
- We will send it whole, but when they start the filleting work, they will send back the otoliths that sits at the head of it. Thus, we can establish how old the halibut was, he says.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus
- Masturbation makes hands pregnant
Turkish Mücahid Cihad Han, is being ridiculed in social media after masturbation claim on his private TV channel.