This story dates back to 2007, yet it shows the cultural difficulties the West faces when receiving refugees from less developed countries.
When the African woman felt cold in the laundry room, she just made a bonfire on the floor.
The mother of seven received a 5,000 NOK fine for careless handling of fire.
The basement was full of smoke, and the fire alarm went off in the house. A neighbor did however, extinguished the fire. The police thought it was children who had lit the bonfire in the basement and was very surprised when they discovered that it was adults who did it.
In the basement laundry room there were two African women, both with their respective infant in their arms. They thought it was so cold in the laundry room that they had lit a fire in the small room. In the room there was a solid stacked bonfire, consisting of several pieces of wood, such as to create significant heat generation.
The bonfire was lit on a concrete floor, but the ceiling was flammable wood.
Because the room was tight, with little oxygen access, they did not manage to properly get the bonfire going. But the entire laundry room was filled with smoke.
The fined woman was on site informed that the incident was going to be reported. The African woman was for language reasons not questioned, but has confirmed that she lit the bonfire to keep warm in the cool washing cellar.
- This is such a clear violation and obvious negligent handling of fire, that there is no need for any further investigation, said the police.
- Regardless of cultural background, it should ring a bell when you start a bonfire inside the house.
DON'T MISS A POST - FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!
Comments at Speisa are unmoderated. We do believe in free speech, but posts using foul language, as well as abusive, hateful, libelous and genocidal posts, will be deleted if seen. However, if a comment remains on the site, it in no way constitutes an endorsement by Speisa of the sentiments contained therein.comments powered by Disqus